Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The start of a journey

The start of a journey! It is with a great since of wanting to feel the Holy Spirit that I started off 2009 Holy Week. I am a christian and have been for many years. I know the scriptures, songs, prayers yet I don't feel that I have actually ever surrendered to God completely. I love that God has a since of humor and doesn't mind using it on me. I went to a new church this Easter Sunday as we are looking for a new one and that started this journey rolling. I heard the word surrender several times during that service. I then went to a concert on Monday night and the whole concert was about surrendering. I know I should have received the message by that point but as always I let it go in one ear and out the other. Then last night I was reading Beth Moore's blog and heard those words again. I had one of those moments were I did the ugly cry and cried out to my Lord and Savior. He heard my prayer and today is the start of my journey of surrender. This blog is not going to be about my surrender everyday but a way for me to let my feelings out. If anyone is reading this and would like to join me on this journey please, let me know.
My name is Heather, married and mother of three great kids and would love to have you join me in this adventure.
Surrendering To Him

5 comments:

  1. Glad to "meet" you Heather.:) I loved this post and that has been my heart cry for sometime too. I'm just such a control freak, so it's been very difficult to just do it!
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,

    Welcome to the blogoshpere!

    We just started attending a new church as well. I had visited this church last year and had I surrendered to God's prompting and signs (literally) that this was the church for us, I wouldn't have spent (I don't want to say "wasted") so much time looking for another church and at times, not attending anywhere at all and missing out on so much. It's all about surrendering, dying to self. Now if only I could follow my own advice, I'd be in good shape!

    Look forward to reading your blog ...

    Blessings!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,
    I heard about your blog from Lelia Chealey's blog. Welcome to blogosphere. Our God is so patient with us. He just sits back and waits for us to surrender each part of ourselves. It's so freeing when we actually do it! Don't fret though because, it's sometimes hard to do. Remember, God gave us a free will.
    Did you check out Lelia's blog? She is hostessing a book by Micca Campbell. It's so good! I highly reccommend it!
    May God richly bless you on your journey with Him!
    God Bless,
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Heather.

    Welcome to the world of blogging. I hope that the experience bring s you many blessings. I could totally relate to your words about knowing the right words, the right songs, etc. yet never fully surrending to God.

    I have been in "church" since I was an infant but not "in Christ" until the past 1 1/2 years. It is a journey with many ups and downs but there is nothing more precious than sharing in a true relationship with God.

    Praying for you as you begin this new quest and if I may be of any help or encouragement, please know I'm here.

    In Him,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogging sweetie, hope you will enjoy your journey.

    ReplyDelete