Friday, April 17, 2009

Another Fresh Start

So today I got up to another day of not feeling very well but, determined to have a great day. I spent several hours with two of my sisters, a niece and my mom last night. I thought we had a wonderful time but the phone rang at 7am to let me know otherwise. My family suffers from mental illness and we battle it all the time. My sister called to inform me that we make her feel unworthy and ugly. I'm really not sure what that means but she said every time she is with us she feels unattractive and unhappy. This is awful that I would make anyone feel bad about themselves but, I'm not really sure what I did? My sister also needs prayer as she has suffered with depression for many years. We are very close but at least once a week she wants to blame me for her feelings, place in life, etc. The sister is awesome but she just doesn't see herself that way. This is an ongoing problem and it has a tendency of bring my spirit down. I ask that you pray for her and pray that I will not allow her to affect my journey.
I was thrilled to see that a few people have been reading my blog. I'm not really sure how to get back to all of you so that I can comment back so, give me a little time and I'll figure it out.
It is spring break here so I am going to do something fun today with my boys. We are going on a autism awareness walk today! My oldest son Wyatt, has autism. We are so proud of him and we love the autism community. Please pray for these children today! If you don't know anyone with autism please feel free to mention Wyatt in your prayers.
Surrendering Mom

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the more I read your words, it is odd how much I can relate. Family dramas, included. Will be praying for your sister and for your precious Wyatt. I am an early childhood teacher and have 2 children with autism in my class this year. I do not have children of my own and I am amazed, year after year, how much children can teach me; especially those who SEEM less fortunate.

    God Bless,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete