Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Break is over!!!

Yes, I have been on spring break for 10 days and today was "back to reality". I had so many plans for my break and didn't finish hardly any of them. We have had a Really bad stomach bug in the Blake household and I got it not once, but twice in ten days. All of the family had it except Wyatt. He said "Mommy, I didn't get it because my belly is to little for that". I wasn't sure weather that was cute or not, I am after all on a diet journey as well. I have lost 27lbs. since January and was thinking I was looking pretty good but, out of the mouths of babes.
I had a wonderful piece of news on my face book today! One of my friends husbands gave their life to the Lord yesterday. We are all thrilled. Lisa, my friend, has been praying for her husband for many years and he just didn't even feel the need to give himself over to Christ. He was a really good guy so, he didn't feel the need to get saved. We are thrilled Lisa that he finally took that step.
We are working on our house and we had our hot tub delivered today and we are so excited! The hot tub is mainly for Trevor but, who am I not to make him happy by getting in it with him, right? We are putting new porches on, three to be exact , new landscaping, the hot tub, and then work on the inside. We are doing all this ourselves so pray that our marriage last through it.

The Lord has been so good to me today and everyday I have been on this journey I have learned something new about myself. Today, I realized that God is always right on time. I know I have always known that fact but, remember that this journey is to apply Gods teaching and ways to the most intimate part of me. My friends husband has always been one of God's priorities and He knew the time and place for him to make that decision. I pray that I will listen and wait on God in my life and not just do what I want. Be patient Heather and wait upon the Lord. So, take a moment today and just be still and wait upon the Lord.

Surrendering Mom

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for another saved soul, woo hoo!! Go God!!

    ReplyDelete