Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Slow down life!

OK so we are in the middle of this remodel and things are going good. I must tell you that my husband and I have a great relationship but, this remodel has just about put us under. We have not agreed on a single thing. We are working on the outside of our house right now and we can't even agree on the stain color for the porch. We have decided to allow my father, who owns a construction company do make all decisions. So, I ask that you all shout out a little prayer for us that mt dad will not make the outside of my house look like a retirement home. He is so looking forward to retirement these days that all he is talking about is going to Crackle Barrel everyday for breakfast. My journey of surrender is a work in progress when it comes to surrendering to God and I must say I am doing much better on that front however, surrender to my husband is a completely different story. I know that the Bible says to submit but was He meaning about stain and siding colors too?

Keep praying for this surrendering mom as I am praying for all of you and your journeys in this life.

2 comments:

  1. I will keep you in prayer sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came over from Stacy's...was interested when I read you just started Micca Campbell's book. I hope you join us in posting if you are able to catch up! It has been a good read so far.

    I will pray for your remodel (Maybe this is a post on trust--what the current chapter of the book study is on--if your dad is making all the decisions!)

    :)laura

    ReplyDelete